shabby blooms

Monday, July 18, 2011

Giant Granny Square and a re-found granny stripe blanket

Here is my progress on my Giant Granny Square Blanket Challenge.  It is 32 rounds, and it measures about 35 inches. It is quite wavy I'll try blocking it when finished.  I'm planning a row of light blue, a dark red and lighter red, and a dark yellow and light yellow, then that will complete 3 groupings of colors that I did.  I think it will be about as wide as my bed when I finish the next 5 rows.  Then I'm thinking about adding something different to my blanket so it can get taller but not too much wider.  Stay tuned for that.

Sorry these pictures do not show the true color, the lighting was not to good in here.


 My crocheted scissor case, I finally matched up the case to the scissors today.  The case is made from a granny square and then folded and sewn together.

 This is the first time since working on this blanket that I stopped before a round was finished, I usually like to finsh a row or round before stopping but I was feeling poorly last night, so I stopped and went to bed.

 Love this picture, I got down on the blankets level to take this pic.
 Folded up

 Close ups of the rows taken in a different room.

 Here is my Lucy Granny Stripe Blanket.  I don't even remember how long ago I started this, but then I set it aside until I found more colors I wanted to use.  I found the colors, then my stripey blanket was mis-placed.  It is now waiting for the next rows which will be blues.
 Close up of the lovely stripey stripes.  The four rows of orange are two different oranges but it is a little hard to tell in the picture.
Here stripey-stripes meets the giant granny challenge.  Must work on that one too, it is looking too puny and sad.

Till Next time

Hugs,

René

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the warmness of your colors :)
    Have a nice day!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous crochet and beautiful colours. Thanks for sharing.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing what you do to add the length!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi from Ravelry 'the8thgem' on there and yes l do love your granny
    Hope your Mom posts soon..a crocheter too?
    Hugs Suz x

    ReplyDelete